Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Looking for PCB

Started by MaxElectrode, February 14, 2009, 09:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxElectrode

Hi guy's, Newbee here.  Was following some posts on the site and found this place very interesting, so I decided to join.  I have found a lot of excellent info here that I'm using to incorporate in building my Amp modules.

I am currently working on a few projects such as a TDA2003 Module (which it looks like everyone here loves) for use at home as a Guitar practice amp, a LM380 module (1w@4ohm with 12v 300ma supply) for use as a portable battery powered guitar amp, and a Hitachi chipped HA13118 module that will give me 10W rms into 4ohm with an 18v 1A supply, also for use as a guitar amp.
Also ordered TDA2030 and TDA2050 chips for future projects.

Have already built a few other projects such as regulated power supply's using 78XX series and LM317's and a few LM386 amp modules, both mono and stereo.  You got to love those 386's, so easy to setup, low parts count, and so forgiving.

I have got schematics from Redcircuits for the Fender Blackface Preamp, which I have noticed has been discussed in another post, and have already ordered the parts from Mouser so I can build the pre-amps for use on my amp projects.  I would really rather not perf-board them, so I am puting out a request for anyone who might have, or can make me PCB boards, or can direct me to someone who might have them or make them for me, for use in building these Blackface pre-amps.  I would gladly pay a reasonable price for them.  I would like to aquire 4 or 5 of the boards if possible.

Any help in this area of acquiring the PCB's will be so greatly appreciated

Thnx so much-------------Max

J M Fahey

Hi MaxEledctrode. Has anybody posted anywhere a PCB design for that project? Because, armed with that, surely you can find some local electronics fan and ask him to home-make some boards for you, using the PressNPeel iron-on method or some of its variants. If there´s no board design available, considering the small amount of boards, the best (shortest and cheapest) method will be going the perfboard route.
Bye
J M

J M Fahey

Hi Max. I'm kind of slow today.
Check this post, maybe it can help =

http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=304.0

JM

MaxElectrode

Quote from: J M Fahey on February 14, 2009, 10:56:09 PM
Hi Max. I'm kind of slow today.
Check this post, maybe it can help =

http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=304.0

JM

Checked link in post for didier who said made layout, but link is dead.

Will wait i guess, maybe someone will chime in who might have it.

Thnx anyway

J M Fahey

Hi Max.
I´ve just also found that the link is dead, but Didier shows a regular mail address ; also does Robin755, who built a beautiful amp similar to what you are doing, Why not email them directly?
Another option: Mensur has made an *impressive* work here : http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=991.msg6229#msg6229
, he´s posted a great PCB design and very good sound samples of a Mesa Recto preamp. Not exactly clean, buy since you spoke about sticking your distortion pedals up front,  it might suit you.
Bye.
JM