Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Auto Wah feature upgrade

Started by crane, April 10, 2011, 04:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crane

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to show my new creature.
I have made a Meatball clone for a friend of mine (McMeat layout) and he was interested in Z.Wex Ooh wah. I thought it would be much more useful to make just the "LFO" generator and feed it into Meatball. This gives more features than regular Ooh wah.
Here's a little sample video. I have to admit - no guitar sounds in this video. Sound is created by a distortion pedal with feedback (the signal line is      MT2-->TU2 -->Meatball  while bypass output from TU2 goes to input of MT2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WKh_BytKuY

joecool85

Creepy sounds.  Now, I know you said no guitar in this clip, but is it set up so you can run a guitar through it?  If so, what's that sound like?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

crane

Ofcourse you can run guitar through it. Or vocals... or any other sound signal.
It's hard for me to make a video with guitar but you can search for Ooh wah demos in youtube - this does the same thing but with more filter adjustment possibilities.
Useless for "classic" styles like rock/metal/pop, but really nice tool for any experimental player.
The guy whom I made it is really happy with it. The only thing is - for playing live with band it's pretty hard to control it and adjust speed. So I have to make it "midi clockable". Hope to finish on this soon.

crane

I did a little upgrade - now it has 16 steps and tap tampo feature.
Here it is with synth sound HERE
And here it is with distorted guitar as input HERE
Videos have awfull sound and in no means I call it music. They are just to show how it works. However - beautiful music can be created with it.