Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Zoom G5 software

Started by flester, February 11, 2020, 04:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flester

I have a Zoom G3 which I want to connect to a PC for recording. It originally came with Cubase LE but that doesn't seem to be available any longer.  Not sure if the G3 is even compatible with Windows 10.
Any ideas? https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/guitar/g5-guitar-effects-amp-simulator-pedal

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

phatt

If it has a USB port then it's likely to work with most software and on most of the later win versions. You might need to update the USB interface.
Others here will likely know more.
Phil.

flester

Now got it working with Audacity. Just had to mess with the sound input settings and install driver on PC. Emailed Zoom to see if I can get a download code for Cubase also. Maybe Audacity is just as good? Mainly just want to record my own ideas.

phatt

I doubt you will need an old version of software to do what you ask.
Many of those Audio programs will do the same job.
Phil.

Lex

Hi,
as far as I know you will need an USB interface between FX and a PC.
When I got mine Zoom I got Behringer U-Controll UCA202 as a smallest and affordable for learning / experimenting.
It works good with Audacity.

Also very handy with the Zoom;
ToneLib ZOOM https://tonelib.net/zoom-quick-start/
It gives you the full control over the Fx box from your computer.

Cheers

flester

Thanks all. The Zoom has a built in USB interface. I've got it working now using Audacity. And with the Zoom software I've been able to edit the patches to what I want.

flester

I have my Zoom working now as an interface to the PC. I am using Jamkazam for  online jam sessions. Works fine for electric and electro-acoustic but can't get a good  sound with a dynamic mic. Any suggestions on that?

flester

Or any other way to get acoustic instruments talking to a computer.

Ballible

If it came with it, should work