Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 04:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Acetone Solid Ace-8 head

Started by rachett, February 20, 2012, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachett

I have an Acetone Solid Ace-8 head. It's made by Ace Electronics, the company that Ikutaro Kakehashi started before he started Roland (Boss).

It has the cushiony covering like a Kustom Tuck N Roll. It has cool lights, and it has three tone choices - buttons colored beige, white, and tan, or something like that. But, it doesn't sound great. Very scratchy pots and the sound doesn't turn down when you turn the volume down.

I have no idea how or when I'll fix it, but I will some day. I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Acetone amps. I can find next to nothing on them online.

Thanks!

J M Fahey

If that´s all the problems it has, it´s easy.
Scratchy non responding pots (plus probably noisy jacks and unreliable switches) all scream of dirt, grime and oxidation, to be expected after 30/40 years.
Buy a can of DEOXIT, and use according to instructions.
Squirt a little inside pots and switches and move them end to end to clean, some more in jacks, and work plugs in/out to get the same effect.
Repeat until clean.
If some pot does not respond to treatment, replace it.
You do not even need a schematic for that.
Good luck.

joecool85

I've not heard of the amp myself, but like Juan said, you should be able to fix it no problem without a schematic if that's all that's wrong with it.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

kato

Scratchy pots can also indicate the presence of DC in your audio which could point to a failed input coupling capacitor.