Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

TDA 2030 Guitar amp build oscillation problem

Started by TK, September 26, 2017, 01:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK

Hi Phil,, Yes I do,,, I found the problem when I went to replace the chip,,, It was a Broken Pin 4,, Snapped right off,, I'm going to have to find a way to support the Heat sink,,, It keeps flopping back and forth and broke the pin off,, Dang,, so close to getting this working,, LOL,,,, Are you talking about the Metal tab that is the back of the 2030,,, I always thought that was tied into ground and connected on the inside to pins 3 ?

Jazz P Bass

I would have to question where you purchased the TDA2030 ic's.

That ic is no longer in production.

LM1875 is.

J M Fahey

May be wrong but I think TDA2050 is the dropped out one and 2030 is still in the race.

Anyway, browsing through Mouser/Digikey/Farnell will clear the doubt.

phatt

Quote from: TK on October 04, 2017, 03:02:52 PM
Hi Phil,, Yes I do,,, I found the problem when I went to replace the chip,,, It was a Broken Pin 4,, Snapped right off,, I'm going to have to find a way to support the Heat sink,,, It keeps flopping back and forth and broke the pin off,, Dang,, so close to getting this working,, LOL,,,, Are you talking about the Metal tab that is the back of the 2030,,, I always thought that was tied into ground and connected on the inside to pins 3 ?

Pin 3 is the negative supply (and having just checked) IF using single supply it becomes circuit common (ground) so it does not need to be isolated,,,,BUT when using split supply rails that tab is at negative voltage and with no isolator it would cause a dead short.
(just sayin,,so you know for future builds :tu:)

Yes you need to mount the pcb to the heat sink otherwise you will break the lead wires. 8|
Phil.

TK

I bought them from a friend of mine who bought them when they were still in production.. I think he said he had 100 of them or so,,, I bought 10,, and good thing,, LOL,,,

I built an epoxy support for the chip and it is mounted to a Heat sink,, it's waaaaay better now,,,

Every thing is installed and now will amplify a guitar signal,, Sounds crappy but I'll have to re bias the tl-072 because i had to put in a voltage divider to drop some of the voltage to the op amp,,, Just keep going round and round,, but getting closer... :)

Not sure about the 2050's but for sure the 2030 are obsolete. I have bought a LM 1876 chip for later on. Gotta say,, sure am learning alot here. Thank you guys.