Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

newcomer looking for a schematic for the qsc 1400

Started by mountianjustice, March 20, 2015, 05:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountianjustice

Hello forum I'm new to the forum. But not to electronics in general. I've built some tube preamps a few transistor boosters, messed with op amps a bit. I have built a few tone stacks as well the james and the muff pi. Now to the matter at hand I have a QSC 1400 with one channel that does not work. I have looked everywhere for a schematic for it. All I can find is one that is unreadable I can make out the signal path on it but cannot see any values for the components. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

Enzo

There is more than one version, so make sure to pick the drawing that matches your amp.

mountianjustice

Thank you very much Enzo. But that is the one and only one I have been able to find as well. The values are unreadable at least on my pc they are. I have tried making it smaller and larger to no avail. I  read on another forum that QSC will sell you a copy if you e-mail them. The amp was a freebie so i cannot complain. I have been running it bridged mono. But do not really know if its using both channels or not. It works as it should in bridge mono i have my speakers hooked to both red terminals on the amp. Input into channel 1 and all my dip switches set 1,2,7,8 up 3,4,5,6 down. Does that mean it has to be working and im losing channel two between the input and the amp and channel two is working its just not getting to the amp?

g1

Are you saying that when you switch to stereo mode, ch.2 does not work?
In mono or bridge mono, ch.2 input will not do anything.

Matec

Hello.

On this site there is the scheme in question. Download the Service Manual of the entire Series One, which will have a lot of information about your amp.

http://elektrotanya.com/qsc_1100_1200_1400_1700_series_one.pdf/download.html

By accessing the page, wait about 30 seconds until the Get Manual link appear.

Cheers

Enzo

Mountain, the one I posted was four pages, four schematics, not just one.  I tried downloading it and can read the numbers fine here.

The service manual Matec linked is comprehensive but covers only one version schematic of 1400.

I am not aware of more versions offhand.

J M Fahey

FWIW here is the first page of Ezo's post, cropped and sharpened.

Looks readable enough for servicing:

mountianjustice

Thank you to all and J M Fahey that is much easier to read.  Im not sure why i had trouble with the other one but. Now I have something to go on. Thanks again guys...Great forum