Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need some answers

Started by exztinct01, May 31, 2016, 09:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exztinct01

A friend just bought a Sakura AV5023 amp. It is considered a home theatre amp and is made in China, I think. But company is local here in the Phil. I've seen people connect too many speakers in the outputs of this amp, about 4 woofers, 4 tweeters and 2 midrange drivers to build a karaoke system. Are they doing it right? I mean, it's not a high powered amp. It claims 500W+500W in its main outputs but I don't believe them of course. Plus, the impedance thing. What can you say about the outputs of this amp and its capabilities?

Schematic is in attached pdf, PrtSc function would excessively reduce the quality of the image.
~ Stephen

J M Fahey

Stereo amp fed from +/- 45V rails, so about 70W/ch into 8 ohms speskers.
Surround right and left, nominally 35+35W, since they are powered by TDA2030 it means they actually are 15+15W.
Center channel rated 40W,  must also be powered by a TDA2030

By the way, nothing new under the Sun.

Can't comment on speaker connection because you do not post a wiring diagram.

exztinct01

another question unrelated to the first one.
I'm trying to buy a power drill. Is this good enough for drilling into aluminum say 10mm thick with, maybe, a 3mm bit?
http://www.lazada.com.ph/bosch-contractors-choice-06011a15k0-gsb-550-impact-drill-1541338.html
bit can be used with adapter or holder. I'm asking if this drill has the power to do it.
~ Stephen

galaxiex

If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

exztinct01

oh okay. I'm still trying to cut the cost here. So how bout this
http://www.bosch-pt.com.my/my/en/drill-gbm-350-131436-06011a95l0.html
or this http://www.bosch-pt.com.my/my/en/drill-gbm-10-re-131436-06014735l0.html
is 600w also overkill and 350w good enough for aluminum drilling?
I may have to use the drill for concrete sometimes so it's better to have a drill that's versatile. If these two are not enough, I may have to choose the impact drill from my last post.
~ Stephen

galaxiex

OIC,
well, if you need the drill for concrete then by all means get the first one you posted.  :)

It will easily drill almost anything else, steel, aluminum, wood etc.

Just make sure you use the Hammer function only when drilling concrete. And use the special concrete drill bits.
That function should have a switch to select Hammer or Not Hammer.

The only down side is, if using it for drilling small precise holes in light materiel such as aluminum, or even steel and wood,
it may be a bit bulky and heavy and so be hard to guide when you want a precise hole.

For this reason I actually have several drills, each suited for different functions.

My favorite for drilling precise holes in aluminum is a tiny 350 RPM cordless.
Very light and easy to handle.
But of course not suited for large holes in heavy materiel.

If you can only afford one drill then get the biggest most powerful that you anticipate needing.

It can be used for smaller jobs of course, just might be a little awkward for those jobs.

It always helps to clamp your work piece down, or put it in a vise.
If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

exztinct01

but if the drill will only be used for precise drilling into aluminum or other metals, which of the other two drills, gbm350 & gbm10RE, would suffice or is convenient in terms of power and weight

both have max diameter of 10 mm for steel (also for aluminum I think). gbm350 is 350 watts, gbm10re is 600 watts. gbm10re is a bit heavier and of course more pricey.

So is the 350 enough for the precision drilling in aluminum job?
~ Stephen

Loudthud

Big drills typically have limited speed (RPM). For small diameter drills you need higher speed.