Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

any tips on reverse engineering??

Started by NPreston, January 14, 2018, 08:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NPreston

HI.  I have a Jordan Bass 50 (which works... but I wanna mess with it) I can not find a schematic for this thing...  started trying to draw it out starting at the input, but found it pretty tedious.  I havn't de-soldered all the various wires going to and from the pcb and fear I will eventually break something turning the board back and forth trying to follow traces and components..  Anyone have any tips or is this an exercise in futility??

galaxiex

I've done this quite a bit... that is...drawing schematics from circuit boards.

Post #45 in this thread https://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=3850.msg34578#msg34578

I describe the method I use to get a schematic from a circuit board.

Edit; it can be quite tedious... but if you really want a schematic... have at it.

Check the threads I have started in this section (Schematics and Layouts) of the forum.

Most of them have schematics I created using this method.
If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

GBarry

For all interested, there is a book on the subject commonly available.  Costs about $60 on amazon.   The author is used to reverse engineering complicated radar and similar technologies.   But maybe, for some it is a book worth getting.