Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:07:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

How to fix a crackling FRONT input jack socket on GK250ML

Started by Haji1992, July 29, 2016, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haji1992

Hi,
I have just joined the forum and after reading that some members have changed the jack socket on the GK250ML I am interested as a complete novice how to fix a crackling front jack socket. Not sure how it actually is accessable as when you remove the lid on the GK250ML it is not apparent how the jack socket is attached. I thought it was the leads but when you push a little on the lead plug in the socket it seems to connect and then relieve pressure it cuts out, so think it´s the spring loaded part that touches the jackplug within the socket. You can obviously see this spring clip when one looks into the socket. I would appreciate help how to fix this small issue but is a big issue to me as cuts off the sound or drops levels.

Many thanks
Tony

phatt

Welcome  Haji, :tu:

Those sockets are usually PCB mounted and over time they stress and crack giving intermittent signal.
Check the solder side of the input socket in very good light and look for hair line cracks around that join.
If not that, then the socket maybe broken inside which would need to be replaced.
Phil.

Haji1992

Thanks very much phatt, I shall take a close look but imagine this is not for me to fix more a skilled person or I could do more damage than good with solder.

Thks
T