Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Advice on how to run a full stack?

Started by duncan, August 20, 2011, 03:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncan

Hey guy's and gals, I'm getting a full stack of b 52's next week, and have been running a peavey supreme amp (100 watts stereo at 8 ohm's and 80 watt's stereo at 16 ohm's)  through a crate flexwave cabinet that has the ability to daisy chain a stereo amp at 8 ohm's, it has a left and right input and then a output as well. My question is what would be the best way to run this setup? should I just use one output of the peavey and daisy chain the b52's, run one output to each of the b 52's or run both outputs to the crate and then daisy chain to the b52's? i was thinking about pawning my crate cab to help pay for these if it turns out i won't be needing it, so lemme know what you think! thanks for your time and I really hope i'm using the term daisychain correctly

J M Fahey

Dear duncan, can't understand a word of what you are saying.
What is "a B52"?
Please specify and link to some page showing it.
Much preferred link to some user manual.
Do the same with your Peavey Supreme .
I don't know what a "Flexwave cabinet" is, AFAIK it's a distortion circuit used by Crate and even that is not enough, there are at least 5 or 6 widely different circuits called Flexwave.
Thanks.

duncan

Quote from: J M Fahey on August 20, 2011, 03:50:13 AM
Dear duncan, can't understand a word of what you are saying.
What is "a B52"?
Please specify and link to some page showing it.
Much preferred link to some user manual.
Do the same with your Peavey Supreme .
I don't know what a "Flexwave cabinet" is, AFAIK it's a distortion circuit used by Crate and even that is not enough, there are at least 5 or 6 widely different circuits called Flexwave.
Thanks.
Sorry about that! basicly the crate flexwave cabinet is the guitar speaker cabinet made for the crate flexwave amps, it's 120 watts, and has a left and right input at 8 ohm's and an extra output so that you can run a stereo amp in stereo and still hook up to an extra cabinet http://www.zzounds.com/item--CRAFW412A
and b 52 is the brand of the full stack i'm getting, and it has a dual input or single input one output setup http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-412-480W-4x12-Mono-Stereo-Guitar-Cabinet-602076-i1598631.gc?&source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=606866880#

J M Fahey

Ok.
Your amp's mono 100W into 8 ohms, so forget all the stereo babble.
You can plug it into the 16 ohms input of the Crate 4x12 cabinet; be sure to set the slide switch to 16 ohms mono.
As of the B52 cabinet, the information they provide is so poor (which should talk loads about their quality) that nowhere, not even at the factory page, they do not even state the cabinet **ohms**.  :duh
Even less an image of the jackplate.  :loco Oh well.
Take a clean readable picture and post it here.
Anyway, I **hope** it has some setting similar to the Crate cabinet, setting it to 16 ohms.
In that case you can connect it with its own cable (forget cascading, slaving, etc.) to the other Peavey output jack.
The Peavey head should then "see" correct 2x16 ohms= 8 ohms total.
Good luck and post results.