Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:46:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Help with volume issues

Started by saygday2, April 30, 2010, 05:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saygday2

Hi all this is my first post

I am having problems with my volume on my amp i am playing through the MH-550 half stack at 400watts, the amp is loud as hell when playing without the band although as soon as the band kicks in it fades into background it seems like i am having to turn the amp to almost max, and fighting for volume, please if anyone out there is having this problem could you please offer some suggestions the amp just does not seem to have the same volume as when i first brought it home.

teemuk

Maybe you are loosing your hearing....?

If it works well and "fades out" with the band, a great change is the amplifier is fine and the problem is a user error. Are you scooping off all the mid-range? Are you using too much gain resulting into muddy signal that can't cut through clearly? Is your signal too "thick" and on the territory of the bassist and the other guitarists (if there is one)? Is the whole band simply too loud?

Dial those knobs while playing with the band - not while you play by yourself. Settings that can cut through and sound great with a band are usually quite far away from the settings you would use alone.

saygday2

TY Teemuk

This is becoming a hard learning curve for me to tweek the amp to sound right in the mix not on its own. but one that will pay off in the end i hope