Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

VOX AD50VT hum

Started by rhythm player, August 26, 2009, 01:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhythm player

I have a VOX AD50VT that suddenly stopped working. Everything was fine at a friends house but when I took the amp home and turned it on it had a terrible hum. None of the controls have any effect on the noise. This amp has 1 12ax7 pre-amp tube so I swapped it with a known good one but that had no effect either. Before I tear into this thing does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be?

joecool85

Quote from: rhythm player on August 26, 2009, 01:30:55 PM
I have a VOX AD50VT that suddenly stopped working. Everything was fine at a friends house but when I took the amp home and turned it on it had a terrible hum. None of the controls have any effect on the noise. This amp has 1 12ax7 pre-amp tube so I swapped it with a known good one but that had no effect either. Before I tear into this thing does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Sounds like an issue with your poweramp to me, not sure what though, but I'm guessing maybe a blown cap somewhere.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

rhythm player

Thanks for the reply. I have checked everything I know how to check and can not identify the problem. I guess I will have to take it to the shop.

awdman

You can email support@korgusa.com and request a wiring diagram if you are familiar with working on electronics just let them know it is out of warranty if it is. or go to http://www.korg.com/DealerLocator.aspx?type=service for a service center.