Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:43:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

baldwin c2 solid state amp rebuild question?

Started by thejunkman, November 25, 2020, 01:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejunkman

1st off thanks for having me.
ok i have baldwin c2 amp that Ive had for years.use to have a great sound to it. not anymore it now is making all kinds of popping noises and its even putting out fairly high voltage through the inputs.i guess its in need of a rebuild? Ive rebuilt jukebox tube amps before.just wondering with jukeboxes you could buy a complete cap kits.is something like that available for a guitar amp? or will i have to source each part.(caps,resistors,etc).again any info on how to get this amp up and running again will be greatly appreciated.   

Enzo

I rebuilt many many many jukebox amps over the years.  Mostly Seeburg tube amp and Rockola solid state.  But Rowe or AMI or whatever, we did it all.   I don't recall ever seeing cap kits.  I don't doubt they exist, but I just maintained a stock of parts and had no need.  I did a ton of CRT monitor repairs for the arcade trade, and they did offer cap kits for those.

That said, I am not aware of any cap kits for amplifiers, and especially for a relatively unusual one like that.  But such parts are easily available.

thejunkman

thanks for the reply..off hand bill bickers and vern tisdale have been putting out jukebox cap kits for years.i believe they still do.while these were not mandatory they made things easy for me.but if thats not available so be it..could you or anyone else recommend a vendor or 2 that i can order the parts i need.and possibly even a schematic?
regards