Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Trace Elliot Tramp 40w more gain in preamp mod?

Started by inle_galard, February 24, 2019, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inle_galard

Hi! I'm new here and looking for some help.

I bought a year ago some of these Trace Elliot combo amps for almost 150 bucks, I thought it was good deal for the celestion v30 and footswitch. I really loved how versatile it is, but it reach at more only mid gain tone.

so I wander if it is exist some mod to get more gain from my preamp, cause I tried putting OD pedals in front and it get creamy and fatter but not more distorted.

I found a Marshall Valvestate 8040 at 215 bucks but I read in other forums that the Trace Elliot is practically the same thing (but with better clean  :lmao:)
anyone know some easy mod, like change some resistor to increase the gain. or just switch to the marshall?

(i found this schematic on internet)
https://reader008.dokumen.tips/reader008/html5/0301/5a97b8e549987/5a97b8e62dba2.jpg

phatt

You could strap a pair of back to back diodes across R39 for more dirt but you would likely loose volume on the boost.
Frankly I'd just use a pedal for the extra crunch. 8|
Phil.

inle_galard

I used a OD808 clone as a boost (with volume full and drive at min)

maybe if I stack another OD, like de OCD, or another mid or high gain, as boost too.
It could help to distort de amp?

thanks for replay! :tu:

joecool85

Quote from: inle_galard on February 27, 2019, 07:36:08 AM
I used a OD808 clone as a boost (with volume full and drive at min)

maybe if I stack another OD, like de OCD, or another mid or high gain, as boost too.
It could help to distort de amp?

thanks for replay! :tu:

Try winding up the drive on that OD808, I think you will be pleasantly surprised what it sounds like.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com