Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 10:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Dr. Z Maz 38 Invasion with Boss GT-8

Started by jgilchri2003, October 25, 2009, 06:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgilchri2003

I've been staring down this used Dr. Z Maz 38 Invasion at Guitar Center here in Indy. They're asking $1199, and it's in good shape. It does NOT have an effects loop, but it has an incredibly warm tube sound to it.

I have 2 fears:

1 - it may the variety of distortions and kill any 'dark' sounds
2 - it may be too loud for my purpose (recording, practice and small gigs)

Can anyone please provide advice on whether this suites the gt-8 well? Also, what do you think of the price? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

J M Fahey

As Microsoft reccomends: "plug-and-play"

jgilchri2003

I tested the invasion with the gt-8, and I think I'm going to let this one pass me by. It's a beautiful sounding amp, but this particular one doesn't have an effects send/return. It's very tempting though...I just don't know enough about decent amps yet. I own an old crate pos (which sounds pretty good for what it is) and Fender FM110.

I'm looking for a nice versatile amp that can last a long while...and I'll be running the gt-8 for the most part. I play blues/rock and also heavier stuff...mainly using an american reissue '62 jaguar....Does anyone have suggestions? I tried the Egnater Renegade and it's decent....but it seems like used is the way to go if I can be patient. I appreciate the feedback.