Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Bandit 112 Silver Stripe Rig Rundown

Started by aoresteen, September 10, 2015, 01:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aoresteen

For the past couple of years the Peavey Bandit 112 Silver Stripe (1996-1999) has been my main amp.  I like the way the Transtube circuit sounds. I've finally gotten it set up the way I want it.

It's paired with the Peavey 112SX external speaker cabinet.  I've replaced the Peavey 1230 speakers with a Weber 100w Blue Dog in the Bandit and a 100w Silver Bell in the external cab.

Next to it is my rack:

The top half is a Samson power amp driving my 1996 Rocktron Chameleon.  The bottom half is for my MIDI guitar.  The Yamaha MIDI interface feeds the Alesis QSR sound module which is driven by a Samson 1U power amp (120a). The cabinet was custom made by J Designs and holds the two Peavey 1230 speakers from the Bandit & 112SX cab.

http://www.jdesigncabs.com/

I added a 1U mixer so I can now play backing tracks through the rig.  I had to swap out the 2U Samson amp for a 1U amp to make room for the Peavey LM mixer.

I made a custom snake to run power and signals to my pedal board.  The length is the same as the Peavey foot switch, about 14 feet.  120v AC power, guitar signal to Bandit, effects send and return cables, guitar to Chameleon cable, and a 7 pin powered cable to the ADA MIDI foot switch are all bundled together.  The pedal board has a power master switch on the top and power comes from below.

Overall view:

All my gigging guitars have their own wireless transmitter on them and they all are on Samson VHF Channel 1.  The guitar signal goes from the Samson SR-2 reciever to the Morley ABC box IN.  Channel A goes to the Bandit, Channel B goes to the Rocktron Chameleon, and C is used for mute/Rocktron XTune tuner.

The main pedal  board has all the boost, distortion, OD, and amp sim effects that go into the Bandit front end (normal guitar input).

Time based effects like delay & chorus are on their own sub-board and go to the effects loop of the Bandit (not shown is the NUX Looper that is all the way to the left, the last device in the effects loop chain).

The ADA MC-1 midi foot switch lets me instantly get 10 different sounds from the Rocktron Chameleon.

So that's a rundown of my rig.  It breaks down into manageable parts that I can carry where as my tube gear is way too heavy.

Tony Oresteen
Peavey Bandit Silver Strip, Revolution 112
Marshall MOSFET Lead 100 3210
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

joecool85

Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

J M Fahey

Same here  :dbtu:

What I like most is that although it's a tasty Rack system with lots of goodies added, it's based on an 80/100W combo amp, so whenever you have to do a simpler job, you just grab it alone by the handle and there you go to play , when you have a large stage you carry the extension (personally I value extension more because of "spread" or coverage than the actual extra 30W and beefier sound) , and if working with enough time for perfect setup you carry the whole package.
As in "versatility is my middle name"  :dbtu: