Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

MARLBORO 220R AMP PROBLEM

Started by tbopp47, December 07, 2011, 01:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbopp47

I HAVE A MARLBORO 220R AMP.Whn I plug the guitar into either one of the inputs, I get nothing. When I plug the guitar into the foot switch input the guitar will play,  it is distorted but it plays. WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH IT?

Blacksack

I am having an issue kinda similar to this one.  Have you tried a different guitar and swapped cords?  Your amp is a solid state, right?  Other than those basic things, I am not qualified to give much more info but I'm going to keep up on your post and hopefully find something that can help me with my deal as well.  Good luck! 

J M Fahey

Hope it´s some input jacks problem, people often step on a plugged cable and stress them.
Or overdo their Pete Townshend routine  :lmao:
Open the chassis (stay well away from the dangerous wall voltage area, power switch, fuse, etc. ; even better unplug it from the wall) and under good light look at the input jacks and the board where they are soldered.
Under stress the soldered points or the PCB tracks leading to them crack easily.
Resolder if necessary with a hot iron and *a little* new solder.
Don´t make huge blobs or join pads which weren´t meant to.
Good luck.