Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender "Blues de luxe" and AX1000G

Started by ksor, March 29, 2013, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksor

How should I connect this guitar processor RomeWorks AX1000G to the Fender amp - if I just put it "in front" there is a lot of noise - if I use the "effect link" on the back of the Fender there is a LOT OF FEEDBACK howling !  :duh :duh :duh

how should it be done ?

phatt

Welcome Ksor,

Not familiar with the unit but I'd guess You Turn down the master level on the AX whatever.
Trick is to find a Level balance between efx unit and Amp input.
Phil.

ksor

>> Phil
Just turn the master Downon the AX1000G and then through

1) the normal INPUT

OR

2) the effect-loop on behind the Fender

what is "best practice" ?

phatt

It's a matter of what gear you have and as there are just so many way to skin the beast you have to suck it and see.

A lot of efx loops are not all that smart (IM observation) and maywell be more trouble than they are worth.

Your Amp likely has the 2 inputs , one high and one low,, try using the low input it may work better if the input signal is very hot,, less hiss.
Cheers, Phil.

J M Fahey

Agree and add: I *think* the processor expects to get a guitar straight at its input and drive directly a power amp (which are quite insensitive) .... and you are hitting with all your Fender Preamp gain and driving the EFX IN which still has some gain added before actually reaching the power amp proper ... so you have a lot of extra, unexpected gain.
Same what Phatt said, only in more words.
Google and post here the User Manual, so we can suggest something more accurate, but the general idea still is to tame that extra gain.

Roly

Welcome Ksor.

Looking at the circuit of the Fender Blues Deluxe the Power Amp In appears to be quite sensitive, only about 35mV for full output, in fact this should be similar to the normal main inputs.

If you don't have a users manual for the Korg AX1000G then you can download it from www.korg.co.uk/downloads/ax1000g/AX1000G_OM.pdf.  If you haven't, I suggest you download and read.

You could make up a simple 10:1 or 100:1 output attenuator lead with a couple of resistors in one of the plugs, but have you tried setting the Master Level to a low value?
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

ksor

Quote from: Roly on March 31, 2013, 03:56:15 AM
Welcome Ksor.

Looking at the circuit of the Fender Blues Deluxe the Power Amp In appears to be quite sensitive, only about 35mV for full output, in fact this should be similar to the normal main inputs.

If you don't have a users manual for the Korg AX1000G then you can download it from www.korg.co.uk/downloads/ax1000g/AX1000G_OM.pdf.  If you haven't, I suggest you download and read.

You could make up a simple 10:1 or 100:1 output attenuator lead with a couple of resistors in one of the plugs, but have you tried setting the Master Level to a low value?
Thx to all of you !

I think I'll try the "lowering-master-method" in the first place  :)