Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

What is going on over at music-electronics forum?

Started by macsledge, December 29, 2012, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

Well, it is moot, the site is back up and running.

We may or may not ever hear the whole story.  we all ought to donate to the fund over there though.

DrGonz78

Yeah I know I will donate, but let us not forget Joe. I really appreciate the effort that Joe puts into SSguitar and it keeps a solid community together too. Just sending some love to SSguitar for just being here as always. This site to me is the rock!
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

g1

Excellent point Dr.Gonz.  I don't know if the ads here are enough to cover Joe's costs to keep the place running.  If he wanted to put on a "donate" button or run a fundraising drive, I'd be more than happy to donate, this site is greatly appreciated!

DrGonz78

No point creating another "what happened to MEF threads"... I think I will just tack something on here... So? It appears that the server is not connected to the Internet or something. Typically in the past it would come up with a Database Error page or something or another. This time it appears to be truly offline. I am sure it will be up again, but any time it disappears it worries me a bit. I probably worry too much though. Anyone know what's going on?

Tom Phillips

When EMF has gone off line in the past I was still able to bring up the old home page at www.ampage.org but that address is current dead too. Seems that the server is down hard this time.
Tom

g1

Not sure what is going on with the site.
When these outages occur, I usually jokingly refer to them as tboys fundraising drives.  :cheesy:
Usually, I make a donation and the site magically returns.  I'll have to dig through my email archive for the address and see if it works.

Ah, nevermind, I see that I noted the email address a few posts above, last time it went down.

DrGonz78

What worries me the most is if any of these forums were to lose the archive data it works hard to protect. So much useful information to pass along in search form. We saw that happen with the database crash and lost many years worth of pictures & schematics uploads.

J M Fahey

Enzo

Oh, I thought maybe they just didn;t like me and were blocking.

I am amazed at how often it doesn;t crash.  I will allow tboy the occasional crash, just out of respect.  I probably should donate too.

Since I retired officially, i stopped collecting schematics.  I have a pretty good collection as it sits, but the newer stuff, I just open up from the threads to use for comments.  But I will say that nickb has done a good job of cloning the majority of the old Schematic Heaven, plus he has expanded it a LOT with things other than tube amps.  Always a good first place to look.  That is on his Black Magic AMps site.  And he is an active participant in MEF, so I know he gleans schematics from our threads.  So what I am saying is that not everything will be lost.

http://bmamps.com/Tech_sch.html

But yes it is sad when we lose anything from MEF.   Not all system crashes kill the memory files though.

Enzo

Loudthud

I'm still getting a timeout. I even re-booted and thought it was working but it was just the last valid page from two days ago.

Loudthud

It's working now. Seems a little slow to respond but that could be the new Firefox 47.0.1

Edit: This site seems to be working fine, maybe a little better than before!

Loudthud

MEF went down last night and was still down this morning. It's back up now.

Enzo

phatt

Quote from: Enzo on August 11, 2016, 08:48:34 PM
My wife does the same thing...

Oh Enzo is obviously fully functional today,,, :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :dbtu:
Phil.