Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:39:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Ibanez TSA30 Schematic and PCB Layout

Started by Gustaf, May 06, 2016, 03:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bajaman

Hi Diydidi
they all buzz if unmodified !
10v dc is fine ;-)
do the mods and hear what it should sound like for the first time !
cheers
bajaman

theaterguy

Hi all!

Been using TSA-30 about two years now and I've been mostly happy. Speaker swap is a must IMHO, and a used Texas Heat sounds fine for me.

However I'd like to tame the hiss a bit but I'm fine with the SS front and TS/boost so I shall not touch those. I'm prepared to do R4, R5 and R72 (500k ?) but I'd like not to add any new pot so what would be good fixed value of the R17?

phatt

To save a whole lot of guestamation :-\ just wire up a temporary 500k pot as variable resistor in place of R17. Tweak the pot till you find a happy medium then power off and measure the resistance of that pot and choose the closest fixed resistor for R17.

Another way, same thing but do it to R72.
Even do both of the above at once may reap subtle differences while tweaking the pots.
The outcome will only be correct when your ears are happy but my guess is these amps will always be a bit hissy so don't expect perfection.

I don't know the amp so inserting temporary parts might be tricky so you will have to make sure floating pots/wires don't short out.

I would change R4 and R5 at 100k First as that may tame it down enough and the above may not be needed.

Phil.

Edit; I just realized that *Bajaman* resolved the hiss on previous page, a full explanation with pictures of the PCB mods.
I urge you to do that before you mod anything else. :tu:

theaterguy

Ah yes, I re-read that one now. Master volume mod is neat but that ground mod addresses more into hum and requires some serious surgery. I might start with those easier ones.

Thanks for all!

BenGunn

Good day to all!
Bought this combo. There is a strong low-frequency rumble and hiss. I read the solution to this problem in the topic, but I had questions that I attached in the pictures on the links. Please help. And I beg your pardon, I understand English very poorly, I translate through an online translator.

Sincerely!

phatt

Hi Ben welcome 8)
Regards to IMG_4223.1.JPG
My guess is that green wire you mentioned goes to the Chassis.

The idea is to re-route how the ground paths return to the main Common/Ground point,, which is the Chassis. I'm not sure about the 2 dots?

It would be best if you PM "bajaman" as he will be able to explain it to you.

Yes it must be hard when you have to translate.
hope it helps, Phil.

BenGunn

Quote from: phatt on June 01, 2022, 03:03:40 AMHi Ben welcome 8)

The idea is to re-route how the ground paths return to the main Common/Ground point,, which is the Chassis. I'm not sure about the 2 dots?

hope it helps, Phil.

Thanks for the answer, phatt! But, unfortunately, I don't have the rights to send private messages. Maybe bajaman will appear on the forum and answer my questions...

joecool85

Quote from: BenGunn on June 01, 2022, 08:42:58 AM
Quote from: phatt on June 01, 2022, 03:03:40 AMHi Ben welcome 8)

hope it helps, Phil.

Thanks for the answer, phatt! But, unfortunately, I don't have the rights to send private messages. Maybe bajaman will appear on the forum and answer my questions...

You should be able to PM now, you just have to have a few posts to your name first.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

BenGunn

[/quote]

You should be able to PM now, you just have to have a few posts to your name first.
[/quote]

This is clear! But I only have TSA30, and I see no reason to create posts in other topics, so as not to clog ...

BenGunn

How many posts do I need to create to get access to the PM?

BenGunn

Yes, there were other members in this thread who were interested in upgrading this combo. Maybe I'll wait for an answer from other members of the topic?

g1

Quote from: BenGunn on June 03, 2022, 06:22:21 AMMaybe I'll wait for an answer from other members of the topic?
I sent a PM to bajaman for you.  Hopefully he will respond in this thread.

BenGunn

Quote from: g1 on June 03, 2022, 10:12:03 AM
Quote from: BenGunn on June 03, 2022, 06:22:21 AMMaybe I'll wait for an answer from other members of the topic?
I sent a PM to bajaman for you.  Hopefully he will respond in this thread.

Oh, thank you so much!

joecool85

Quote from: BenGunn on June 03, 2022, 06:19:15 AMHow many posts do I need to create to get access to the PM?

Just 1 post.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Tassieviking

It looks to me like the 2 dots might have been a jumper wire which was removed, and then the earth re-routed with a wire, but I haven't seen the PCB in an Amp.
If you have the amp check what is there originally.
The solder pads must have been used for something.

Found a picture of what I think is the correct link on the other side, I circled the link in red.
There are no stupid questions.
There are only stupid mistakes.