Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 05:16:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

new to forum help need it!

Started by otuel, February 27, 2014, 09:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otuel

hi there!
i am new to the forum.

i got a behringer vt30 amp that is doing sometimes pop sound followed by a white noise. i would like to know how to fix it please!

thanks

joecool85

When does it make the noise?  Is it volume sensitive (IE, is it louder with the amp turned up)?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

otuel

hi , the problem happens some times while playing , as soon i hear the pop (more like firecracker sound) i turn the amp off . when i turn it back on the amp acts like nothing happened. if i dont turn the amp off has soon i hear the pop  the loud white noise will appear.

ps : sorry for my bad english

joecool85

Quote from: otuel on February 27, 2014, 01:15:11 PM
hi , the problem happens some times while playing , as soon i hear the pop (more like firecracker sound) i turn the amp off . when i turn it back on the amp acts like nothing happened. if i dont turn the amp off has soon i hear the pop  the loud white noise will appear.

ps : sorry for my bad english

I'm not sure I've dealt with this specific issue myself.  How often does it do this?  Is it every time you use it?  After a few minutes?  Is it repeatable?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

DrGonz78

Monitor the high voltage rails on the amp to see what happens when the symptom occurs. Always good to start with something that is observable like power voltages.
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein