Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Randall RX75GR2

Started by PoorOtis, December 24, 2013, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorOtis

Bought the grandson a Marshall MG30CFX for X-Mas..and found out this morning that that is not the amp
that he wanted..Gee,What a Deal! What he wants is Randall RX75GR2..but the only place that I found them
is on line! None of the smaller music stores have one,nor GuitarCenter or SamAsh within 100 miles from me.
Have been on the phone with all of them..my head hurts. Is the Randall a good amp..or..??? Can't find a display
model..Whats a poor old guy to do??
I can return the Marshall..after x-mas..and try to get him what he wants..

I'm a old tube nut myself..know nothing about Randall Amps
Please help me with some information on that model.

Thanks.

DrGonz78

Yeah he is probably a fan of metal type music? Since Dimebag Darrell from the Pantera had used Randall amps, every metal head has sought after these brands more. Not sure how that amp sounds but it should be a decent amp. That is an older model now and will not find them on many websites for sale. I think this one Ebay looks like a good deal, but I would be looking on Craigslist too. Good luck

Randall RX75RG2 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifier

PREAMP CHANNELS 2 Channel/3 Modes Mode 1: Classic Clean w/ Boost Mode 2: Vintage/Modern Hi-Gain Mode 3: Vintage/Modern Hi-Gain
    EQ CONTROLS Bass Middle Treble Contour MASTER CONTROLS Volume
    POWER AMP Solid State POWER OUTPUT 75 Watts
    SPEAKERS 1 x 12" Randall Jaguar
    FEATURES Dual 3 Band EQ Spring Reverb Series EFX Loop Slave Output with Level RF4G2 Footswitch Included
    Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 27 x 20.5 inches ; 49 pounds
    Shipping Weight: 60 pounds

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDALL-MODEL-RX75RG2-75-WATT-1X12-COMBO-AMP-FULLY-REFURBISHED-FACTORY-BLEM-G4-/360811678806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54020d4c56
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

ChewyNasalPrize

Here is your amp:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-RANDALL-RX75RG2-108004547-i2648263.gc

Guitar Center will ship it to your house. Don't need a Guitar Center anywhere near you- just UPS service. Just order it via the web site or call the store and they'll ship it out. Doesn't matter where the store is either. I've bought several used amps from GC this way and been very satisfied.

It's used but you *can* get a service warranty but you'd have to ship it back or take it to your nearest GC for attention. If you don't get the warranty and you find something is wrong with it within a few days, they will take it back no problem with full refund (at least that's been my experience). Just call the store you bought it from.

Shipping charges are very reasonable from Guitar Center also.

Chewy

ChewyNasalPrize

Also-

If you get the service warranty, check the rules because I was told they wouldn't do repairs until 60 days after purchase. They would do a full "no-questions-asked" refund during the first 30 days. Which leaves the potential for one month with a non-working amp that you can't do anything with. Then there is time in the shop which may be several months more and that is IF they can fix it. Again, I'm not positive on all this but seems like something weird like that. Perhaps someone else can clarify.

I generally just buy the stuff with no warranty. I accept that if something craps out after the return deadline, 1) I didn't spend that much on it in the first place. 2) I'm prepared to pay up to a certain amount to get it fixed locally by a reputable shop. 3) I may even be able to fix it myself and 4) unless it is an extremely rare item that I can't live without, I throw it away and go shopping again.

This usually makes the most sense with low-price items like this. If it was a $1,000 amp, I'd be more inclined to go with a warranty.

I would rather have the Randall than the MG also so it is not a bad switch IMHO. :dbtu: