Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

My LM3875 Based Guitar Amp

Started by turbolx5oh, August 28, 2006, 11:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbolx5oh

Hope to have it working this weekend.  The plan is to make it a head and then buy or make a 2x12 cabinet with a couple of Celestians in it.  If I can find a cheap Marshall 4x12 that would be awesome!

Chassis is an old IBM Token Ring MAU.  Preamp is going to be the Sans Amp GT-2 from Tonepad.  Don't know how this will work as a preamp as it overdrives the op amps for distortion and I'm using a +-15v supply for the preamp.  Not sure I'll get any distortion out of it.  If I don't I'll use the Guitar Preamp from ESP Project 27.  I've got both built and ready to go.  I hope the Sans Amp works and gives me a lot of tone choices.  That's an Avel 160VA Torroidal.

I just placed an order for a couple of LM4780s.  My next project is going to be a stereo 60watter as close t0 the Marshall sound as I can get it.  I'd like for it to clean up a bit (Fenderish) on one end and dip into high gain on the other.  Don't care about a clean channel.  Got a preamp suggestion for that one?

Kirk

Stompin_Tom

Looking good. Thanks for the pics. Please post when it's done too!