Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Supplier for IRF230's?

Started by markorock37, March 09, 2012, 02:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markorock37

Yep definitely thought about taking it off his hands! But heres the schematic. I have a PDF file too.

J M Fahey

Thanks.
Please post the PDF too, this jpg is somewhat fuzzy.
A Digital amp. :-\
Beyond my knowledge. :'(
*Maybe* only problem is dead output transistors, and replacing them is all you need ... but if not, you've spent a lot of money for nothing.
Tough decision.

markorock37

Here's the PDF. It took me a minute just to find the power amp page..so I see where your coming from..lol.

J M Fahey

*Very* interesting amplifier, thanks for posting.
They turned an industial motor controller into an audio amp. Cool .
Searched for the datasheet, no mention of this use, so I guess only Peavey(who invented it) understands it.
*If* I had it on my bench, and thanks to it having separate boards for everything, I would pull the digital power amp out, keep everything else and mount one of my own 300W boards, which would be happy with those +/-60V.
Analog classic board, of course.
But that's me, of course. ;)

markorock37

We opted to let it die in peace. The nice thing is its modular so the power amp can be switched out very easily should he find another one. Not worth trying to fix when another can be had for about the same price. I'll offer to waive his bench fee and add $20 to keep it for parts :)

J M Fahey

I would ;)
Beautiful chassis and PSU to build some monster.
If the preamp still works (I guess it does) it's the icing on the cake.
If not, you strip it completely (except PSU) and build there some beefy power amp driven by a Sansamp Classic pedal clone.
Or a simple FET Randall "Preamp from Hell". Dimebag would love it.
Think about a killer guitar amp. :dbtu: