Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 11:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Frontman 15g Fuse Replacement.

Started by TheLoreAxe, January 12, 2010, 08:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLoreAxe

1/4A (250mA) 250 VOLT SLOW BLOW FUSE - 1.25" X 1/4"
Is this the right fuse for Fender Frontman 15g?

joecool85

Quote from: TheLoreAxe on January 12, 2010, 08:39:14 PM
1/4A (250mA) 250 VOLT SLOW BLOW FUSE - 1.25" X 1/4"
Is this the right fuse for Fender Frontman 15g?

The ratings sound about right, but the only way to be sure would be to look at the back of the unit.  It should say on it, somewhere near where the fuse is located.  Or you could always pull the fuse and just put in whatever had been in there before.

If you are indeed replacing the fuse, have you figured out why it blew in the first place?  If not, it will just keep happening.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

TheLoreAxe

I am damn sure that it is because I was plugged into the amp then use the speaker out to go to a head into a half stack (very stupid idea I know) for the distortion. I have been to Radioshack and everywhere and cannot find the correct fuse. I was just wondering if I would need this slow blow or the Timed fuse. If you could tell me that would be very helpful thanks.

J M Fahey

Hi theloreaxe.
Yes, that's what you did, but the result is very probably a burnt output chip, that will have to be replaced.
The burnt fuse is the result, not the cause.
Buy at least 10 fuses from any of the mail order suppliers, the postage will cost more than the fuses themselves.
Just to save time, I would also order 1 TDA2050 and 6 1N4003 diodes.