Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

gretsch nashville 7154

Started by shovelheadsixsix, October 18, 2009, 06:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shovelheadsixsix

I have a 1968 gretsch nashville soild state amp .When I use the built in  echo or the tremolo effect the amp will thump continuously without strumming a note.What is wrong.
What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. Bob Dylan

J M Fahey

Grounding problem. Usually "mechanical" meaning rusty/worn/corroded contacts (do your PCBs use some kind of connectors, or crimped connections?) or maybe some loose nut in the grounding screw.
I think you get what I am pointing at.
Might also be old/dry filter capacitors. Statistically, these are the most likely culprits.
Third in the list might be old/rusty/dirty pots , jacks, etc.

shovelheadsixsix

Thanks. A ground problem was my first guess.I just got amp it still has a 2 prong plug  a ground plug is going to be one of my first fixes.Hard to find any info on this amp.any one have schematics?
What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. Bob Dylan

shovelheadsixsix

repalaced caps today and still have the hum.now I will  try and figure out the ground problem.