Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Help With a Fender 112se Amp

Started by birdhunter02, October 18, 2009, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdhunter02

Hey everyone. New here, but have been browsing. Great site and lots of knowledge here. Hope you can help. Just replaced the inputs for the guitar and all went well, but I removed the wires from the power switch, and now cannot remember how they go. I left one black one on the top right, if looking at the switch from the rear, that goes to the  amp. Have been looking at similar schematics but would like some advice. Does it go black white across or down?
Thanks , Mark

J M Fahey

If you have just *one* unplaced wire, and the switch is the original one, it should have some extra tin/solder on the correct pin, showing there was "something" there before.
If the switch is new, check with a multimeter which other pin gets connected/disconnected from the black wire one, when rocking the switch.
As an extra precaution, use a series lamp or at least plug the amp in a *fused* outlet, so if you accidentally short the power line wires you won´t end in the dark.

monkeycabbage

If in doubt, grab the schematic. I find Fender always include extras like the pedals guts as well!

http://www.fender.com/support/amp_schematics/pdfs/Deluxe_112_Plus_Schematic.pdf

birdhunter02

Thanks JM, using the lamp was a great idea. Everythings back together, bur still have a hum. Not near as bad as before, but when it was bad, and I pushed on the caps, it got very quiet. Still a hum but much less.

J M Fahey

Alternatively "push the caps" with you finger (as you surely did) and through a piece of plastic or wood.
If hum lowers in the second case, they have a bad connection, either soldering or internal; replace them.
If it does not, but lowers with your bare finger, you are grounding it through your body, not a cap problem but a wiring one.