Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Yamaha G100 Head

Started by semjmiyta, March 15, 2017, 01:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semjmiyta

Hello Forum,
   I am hoping some one out there can give any info on this particular model. I dont have a cabinet but I do have 3 little SS amps 1 crate and 2 fender bullet amps . I was hoping that 1 or 2 of those speakers could work providing they match ohm ratings. Am I correct? And 2nd where and what kind of speaker cable do I get? On the back of the amp head there re 2 outputs. 1 says 1 ou 2 : 4~8 ohms  and the other   says 1 + 2 : 8~16 ohms.  I am assuming this means 1 of the outs is for 4 to 8 ohm speakers and the other for 8 to 16 ohm. Am I correct?
   Any insight would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advanceXFHATK

phatt

1 or 2 Means; You can use a 4 Ohm speaker box in one of the two outputs (You can't use two 4 Ohm speakers as that would over heat the amp)

1 & 2 Means; You can use both outputs but the combined Impedance must not go below 4 Ohms. :trouble
In other words you can drive two 8 Ohm speakers but not two 4 Ohm speakers.
HTH, Phil.

J M Fahey

What Phil/Patt says, but there is some doubt about what tou write (or the way you write it) because in an SS amp there won´t be "1 label for each output" since they are in parallel, meaning essentially "the same".

maybe one label is closer to one, the other closer to the other,bot both labels apply toboth outputs.

So please take and post pictures of those back panels, so we can see exactly what they say and where are the labels situated.

I am doubly intrigued because "little SS Crate and Fender Bullet amplifiers" are usually "combos" or "all in one" (amp + speaker) units, with speakers wired directly to to power amps, no plugs or external cables involved, no speaker jacks, or at most a single "extension speaker" jack.

Not many 15 or 30W SS heads out there (I know of none).

Thanks.