Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Vox ac30 simulator and power amp question

Started by Rafa, October 05, 2006, 12:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafa

Hi, this is my first post, Im from Uruguay ( south america) so my english is not really good, sorry...
Does anybody knows where can I find or has the Vox ac30 (stephan moller)simulator with all the resistors and caps values???
Furthermore Some days ago I  turned my pinceton 112 at full to get poeramp sitorion and the result was pretty disapointing, but I dont know if that horrible distorion came from the preamp or the poweramp?
My amp is Class A/B so I was wonderiing If a Class A distorion would sounds better??
I have read that Class A tube amps produce both harmonics (odd and even) this is one of the factors that makes them sound so good, do Class A power amp produce odd even harmonics too??

Stompin_Tom

is the princeton solid state or tube? I don't think there's a good sounding overdriven solid state power amp...

Rafa

Yup its solid state 42W a darlington pair in the poweramp section

Stompin_Tom

yeah, SS does not clip or sag like tubes. All the distortion should probably come from the preamp or pedals.

ildar

Ah, the old SS vs. Tube debate.
And in this corner...

:D
Clearly, they are 2 different beasts. I think that if more players had an open mind and listened with open ears, far more would use ss amps. And it stands to reason that transistor distortion is good, because many players use transistor-based pedals for od/distortion.
Yeah, some solid state amps sound like caca, but so do some tube amps. Some of the nicest sounding amps I've played through have been ss...of course the rest were tube...

Stompin_Tom

I totally agree! I really like my old l5 for most things, but sometimes tubes are the right thing for the project. It's the light (and bright) break up that I'm never satisfied with when I use SS.

Rafa

What do you mean by:
QuoteIt's the light (and bright) break up
I dont speak english very well so I dont understand that.
Furthermore what do you think about class A and class AB. Is there any recognisable difference that make class A ams better??