Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Guitar amplifier Acoustics Torque 12

Started by julio daniel, April 20, 2020, 03:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmeek

julio daniel

Hello everyone
Thanks dmeek for the nice work.
Any suggestions to optimize this circuit?
Best regards.

dmeek

If you replace the transformer with a 17V version, you will have to upgrade some other components.
Change the 1N4002s to 1N5404, Change the 2200 uF caps to 3300/35V, Change the 2 100Ω feeding the zeners
to 220Ω/2W.

Here is a way to connect the reverb module. You have two choices for the input.

dmeek

Are you sure the 47K resistor at the input is correct? 470K or 1M would be better, and change the input capacitor from .22 to .022.

julio daniel

Hello everyone
Thanks dmeek for the suggestion, as for the input resistance of 47K, it is what is mounted, however I will try to change the value to about 1M, as well as the capacitor, I will test with 0.022, but it all depends on the arrival of the reverb tank, which is delayed due to the current situation.
Best regards.

julio daniel

Hello everyone. After several months waiting for ordered material and several attempts, to reach a definitive result, "some failed", I can already present the results of the change "or upgrade" of my Torque T12. The changes I made, after some time of reflection, and some suggestions that you sent me, turned out not to be difficult to execute, that is: I added a reverb line like MOD 9EB3C1B, the result was good but I didn't stop there , as I had already done several experiments with lines built by me, using a small loudspeaker of 8 omhs, as an exciter and as a receiver a piezo unit, normally used in acoustic warning devices. I placed the two lines in parallel, with the appropriate impedance adaptations, made a little randomly and after a few attempts and experiments the final result paid off, in my humble opinion. The result was achieved with a Fender T-bucket 350-E NAT Acoustic guitar, crafted in Indonesia, with Fishman preamp. The audio file was recorded with my old man, already 10 years old, Compaq CQ61SP100, maybe there is a background noise that is not noticeable when the amplifier is used, only for the guitar. Greetings to all and thank you very much for your cooperation. J.B.