Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Carvin SX-200 HELP!

Started by WhiteNoyez, June 06, 2012, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteNoyez

So my buddy got a carvin sx200 like 6 years ago and we finally got a few little things to get it plugged in a running. He strummed his guitar and it made sounds for about 2 seconds then popped a fuse. So we put a little bigger size fuze (I know I know dumb dumb dumb but we wanted to just get the damn thing to work!) and then of course the wonderful smell of resistors burning up.

There are 2 resistors burned up on the circuit board connected to the head sink on the back of the unit. I cant read the board well enough or make sense on the schematics of which resisters it is that are no good. One I can clearly R25 and I think from doing a search on the schematic it is a 33k.

The other one I just cant tell. Its connected to the blue wire coming off of the PNP on the top left of the board (looking at it from the front in) Can anyone tell me what the size of these two resistors are?

Thanks!

J M Fahey

Those burnt resistors are the least of your problems, there are certainly more fried parts, specially output transistors.
Post the schematic and a couple closeups showing the suspect area.