Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need schematic Crate TX-50D "limo" main board

Started by ampman72, May 05, 2009, 11:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ampman72

Hello.  I hope I am posting this in the right section, if not I am sorry.  I have been in touch with loud technologies and they sent me the mic board schematic and the 18 different versions of the DSP board.

For those interested, I need to find the source of 5 volts DC on the speaker outputs. This tends to bias the speakers, which is not a good thing for the speakers or the sound of the amp, which you might imagine.

Thank you

Toby

Enzo

If DC offset is the problem, I'd bet my lunch money your power amp IC is bad.  After all, it is the entire powr amp.  is it a TDA1562?

ampman72

Sure is.  TDA1562Q to be exact.  I wanted to look at the schematic to see if there was perhaps a leaking coupling capacitor between the chip and the outputs, but when I followed the traces, they pretty much go from the outputs straight back to pins on the TDA1562.
They only run about $8.00 at mouser, which they have three different mfrs.  do you have a preference of mfr?

Thanks for your response.

Enzo

Really?

I looked in Mouser and all of the ones I saw listed were from NXP, and they were all non-stocked types.  Minimum order was 400 pieces.

Did you see something  different?

I have no idea what Crate sells them for.

www.bdent.com has them in Phillips brand for $16.

www.digikey.com lists them for $10 each, but shows none in stock.

You could also google the part number and I bet a number of suppliers would show up there.

And try your favorite parts sellers.

J M Fahey

I bought a Philips branded one in Buenos Aires for around U$S 7, but I know they´re often falsified, so I don´t really trust it until "real life" tested. If they work, they´re very interesting chips, producing high power from unboosted 12V batteries.Whenever possible I´ll post my findings.

ampman72

Thanks guys.  I'll post results once I get one put in.