Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 10:52:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Old Roland Cube 60, PLEASE HELP?

Started by cmartin519, March 07, 2009, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmartin519

Could someone please help me out? I just picked up a Roland Cube-60, the original 1980s orange one. Cosmetic condition is A+, but I'm having trouble... Clean channel is quite distorted and way under powered. The sound is very fuzzy and seems to cut out on long notes. I'm not touching the gain, just using the volume & master volume. I've checked the speaker and it looks fine. This problem is happening on all 3 guitar inputs, so it's not a problem that can be singled out to one input. Can anyone give me an idea of what may be happening?

J M Fahey

Hi CMartin. Start by plugging a guitar cord into the "Main In" and send some clean music (from an MP3Player, CD Player, whatever) into the power amp. You´re now checking power amp and speaker. If it works properly hook a guitar cable from "Pre Out" into "Main In", your amp should work. If the 1st test fails, you have a bad power amp or speaker; if the second fails probably you have a bad preamp.
Post your results.
Good luck.

va3ux

Although it is not indicated on the diagram itself, this is supposed to be the schematic for the old 'Orange' Roland Cube 60