Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Loosing crunch with volume

Started by skynyrd, December 22, 2010, 03:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skynyrd

I have noticed on my Mace VT with the volume low it gets a good meaty crunch as I turn it up the crunch cleans up, any way to keep the crunch at higher volume?  Note: Higher volume not being real loud, just slightly above bedroom level.

joecool85

Quote from: skynyrd on December 22, 2010, 03:58:18 AM
I have noticed on my Mace VT with the volume low it gets a good meaty crunch as I turn it up the crunch cleans up, any way to keep the crunch at higher volume?  Note: Higher volume not being real loud, just slightly above bedroom level.

Any chance you could get us a schematic?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

skynyrd

have tried to upload the schem,, but is way to big.

joecool85

Well, without seeing a schematic I don't know for sure.  But I'm guessing it's not the circuits fault but rather a "farty" speaker.  Any chance you could plug into a 4x10 cab or something and see how it sounds?

If not, a speaker upgrade is always a good way to go.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

skynyrd

I have 4 Eminence Texas Heats in my 4x12, I had the old peavey speaker in the 212 and decided to replace those and see what happens. I got a good deal on 2 new Celestion 7080`s and put them in the 212 and what a difference, much more open and bright than the heats and the crunch is WAY better even at higher volumes, definately did the trick. I will be replacing the Heats in the 4x12 with more 7080`s the Heats are greta speakers just doesn`t match up with the Mace very well.