Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:36:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Randall Commander 1 (rg120-115)

Started by ToadMeister, May 05, 2017, 09:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToadMeister

Searched the net, found a link finally, but it was broke!
So I joined the schematic together with GIMP.
Here it is:
If things didn't break, we wouldn't learn how to fix them or know how they work, and things wouldn't get made for us to fix.
And there'd nothing to break.

J M Fahey

ToadMeister

I am hoping having One page to work with rather than 2 halves with overlapping components to join by eye will help someone.
So...I fixed that, now to fix my amp......when the spirit of Juan Valdez takes over my bloodstream and brain.
If things didn't break, we wouldn't learn how to fix them or know how they work, and things wouldn't get made for us to fix.

DrGonz78

Also +1 for using GIMP, great program!!  :dbtu:
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

ToadMeister

Quite versatile, not just for art, but for manipulating too.

ToadMeister

I took the original pic (would be nice if this person who took the pic could scan a better copy, but this was a pic just to say, "I got this with it")
Then I GIMP'ed it as well.
It was the best I could polish this turd within my time constraints.
A lot of noise in my 'enhancement', but maybe it will speed up continuity testing.

If someone can provide a better copy, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post it here.
Thanks
PS Is that a pelican in the upper middle?

Boprikov

Thank you ToadMeister! I have an orange stripe Randall 120H. It is in good condition, but nice to have a schematic.  :dbtu:

ToadMeister

Working on a better PCB schematic, may as well, since I'm probing continuity.
Trying to label components, and add lines, colour schemes.

Will I finish, probably not, should just lift the board, flip it, check for bad solders, take a pic, flip the pic, and draw components on the pic?
I really don't want to lift the board, then I will worry about stressing other wires, and break solders.
I'll just keep probing, it just helps to know where to go, luckily with a flashlight a lot of the copper foil lines are easy to see.

By the time I fix this rig, I'll probably be able to build my own amp.

Going to do some major probing on my days off.

blackcorvo

There's this japanese website that increases the resolution of pictures (I guess it's one of those "machine learning algorithm" deals at work). Here's a link if you wanna check it out: http://waifu2x.udp.jp/index.html

Attached goes the image after going throught the process, with 2x the original resolution. It's not perfect, but it makes it easier to see the traces, hopefully.

amplitech

3 years on I send you thanks, ToddMeister, for the schematic. I have a Commander IV to repair.