Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

help! with AC-30tb from late 90's

Started by netdotcom, December 28, 2007, 05:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netdotcom

hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me diagnose a problem I am having with my Vox AC-30tb.  It is from the 90's or early 2000.  The amp has blue alnico speaker's, no master volume.

Lately, I can't get any sound to come out of it.  This happened pretty suddenly.  I went away for a weekend and came back to this problem.  I'll turn on the power button and let it warm up.  In 5 mins, I'll flip the stand-by switch but won't get any sound.  Both of the switches light up.  Then when I go to turn off the Stand-By switch, the light stays on.  Even when I shut off the Power switch, the stand-by light will remain on.  Whatever i do, i can't stop this from happening, and I get nothing to the speakers.  I suspect it's tubes, but before i spent the money I'd like to find some advice.

I don't know too much about the internals so I was wondering if anyone knew what could cause this?  And how i can go about fixing the problem.  Thanks in advance for your time.

best,
willie

tonyharker

If you don't know too much about the internals then take it to a professional repairer.  There are voltages inside this amp that will KILL you if you don't know what you are doing.  Even with it switched off!!

Don't risk your life it's not worth it!!!

Tony.