Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Power Chorus

Started by markustg, July 19, 2015, 09:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markustg

Hi,

Anyone have a "red knob" Fender Power Chorus Manual?  I need a 4 button footswitch, but can't find one on ebay and it looks like new they are about $100+.

This amp seems to have had a very short life and was the precurser to the Ultimate Chorus/Princeton Chorus lines.

Amp sounds great, but has a lot of features that are footswitch activated.

ThnX!

g1

It's not a simple circuit.  Apparently, other 4 button fender footswitches will not work with this model, however, I think they could be modified to work.  That might be easier than building from scratch.
Attached are schematics for the footswitch and also for the amp itself.

J M Fahey

Thanks G1  :dbtu:

That said .... ouch !!!!!!! ..... >$100 each is justified, specially because they activate 4 functions with a single conductor cable, a common guitar cable available anywhere.

That alone is worth the price.

Yes, it can be done,of course.

of course any other 4 button switch can be modded, but the donor switch hardly will be inexpensive.

To each his own, but I'd go to some scrap metals yard and get some extruded aluminum railing I like, or make a box out of a plywood/MDF/chipboard frame and an aluminum or hardboard top (1/4" is strong enough, 1/8" may do if you don't tap dance over it) ,plus 4 switches and a few assorted parts.

Even so, it won't be cheap.

Enzo

Stomp switches - four at $5-7 each - $20-30
Jack - one at $4
Small parts - $2
Body extrusion - anywhere from free to $20.

So maybe $30-50 for materials.

An hour of my time goes for $60 and I'd expect it to take me a good hour to knock one out.

And there is your $100.