Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

chipamp parts specs which resistors to order? which capacitors?

Started by Zappacat, October 12, 2009, 03:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zappacat

I'm putting together my first chipamp.  The instructions say that you need Phoenix 22Kohm SFR16S resistors.The parts search on digikey brings brings me hundreds of matches that appear to all be very similar.  Is the manufacturer important when acquiring these components?  How do I know which one to choose when they're all so similar?

Can you tell me what the following specification choices mean when searching for components:

Temperature Coefficient (which of the following are better for this application?)

+- 100ppm/C VS. +- 250ppm/C

packaging

cut tape VS. tape and reel

The instuctions also don't mention anything with respect to TOLERANCE or POWER RATING.  Maybe I'm missing something in the documentation.

Is there a predefined BOM (build of materials) on digikey or mouser?

Thank you.

I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.

J M Fahey

SFR16S resistors are very common general purpose metal film resistors. They dissipate up to 1/2W but I should try to avoid going over 1/4 W for long term stability. Phoenix is a Brazilian factory, but I'm sure you can use any generic normal quality resistor of similar specs. Tolerance: 5% or 1%. Price: almost the same. Packaging: they come in strips of 1000 in a box or reels of 5000. Either way they'll cut for you whatever you need. Temperature coefficient: in theory less is better but any of them will do.
I think that just specifying ohmic values and "SFR16S" package will do.
Good luck with your project.
Juan Manuel Fahey.