Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

The CUBE OF SOUND

Started by n9voc, January 28, 2008, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n9voc

Good Day!

Attached are pictures of one of the most unusual builds I've done to date - a little amplifier I call the "Cube of Sound" - speakers on three sides.

It began with a TDA7053 amplifier kit, two excess computer speakers (by Boston Acoustic) and two 3.2 ohm speakers from garage sales.

I wanted to have a second input that I could run from a mic level to a line level in, and thus the Cube of Sound was born.  A drawer pull for the handle, and rubber furniture cups for the feet came from the hardware store.  With such an unusual look, I just HAD to paint the backplate rather than clear coat it!

n9voc

More pics of the "Cube of Sound"

n9voc

And Finally, the schematic to the "Cube of Sound".

It sounds cool, and looks definately unusual.  You will note the side speakers are out of phase with each other- that is deliberate.  This is a standard "trick" of  mounting speakers on opposite sides of the cabinet.

The Auxilliary input control is a 10 turn potentiometer, this gives finer control of the input to the mixed signal.