Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Reverb for any amp

Started by n9voc, January 19, 2008, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n9voc

Good Day AGAIN!

My last post for the day -- gotta run

All my DYI amplifiers had NO reverb.  I looked up Craig Anderton's Stage Center Reverb, and came across an unknown reverb tank (got it as a gift!).

I did my usual "tweeking" on the schematic and built the result - I LOVE IT!  It works with my guitar and most useful to me with my dynamic microphone!

I changed the chip from a TLO-74 to two NE-5532 op amp chips.  With the kinds of loads the  NE5532 can drive, I believe that this unit would drive and recover from almost any Reverb Tank out there.  Note the power supply on this one - with a rail splitter - rail splitter can deal with 200 mA without problems.  Also note that I, again, set it up with a high impedance input --Just "cause I like High Z inputs for guitars and mics! (be certain to use "shorting type" input jack with shorted to ground with no plug inserted).

When you run the "dry" down and bring up the "wet" - it can get SCARY with the reverb, and even feed back through!

The reverb tank I used was a two springer, similar to an accutronics type 1.
(Do visit the accutronics website, they KNOW spring reverb!).

Humbly submitted to share

n9voc

Picture of the outside and the "innards" of the reverb box.