Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:32:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

help!! amp: Marlboro GBO 15-B specs

Started by Meaux, March 05, 2010, 08:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meaux

HELP!

i'm searching for the specs of my amp
it's an old beaten up Marlboro GBO 15-B
i want to know when it was built, the productiondate
an if anyone coeld find out, the scematics

it has a realy crappy sound so i want to fix it ^^
also when i play with heavy base the volume keeps fading

so if anyone coeld help me, i'd be verry thankfull!!

greetings from holland!

Meaux
Meaux

teemuk

They were made from late 1970's to ca. mid 1980's so that doesn't leave a tremebndou age margin. Also, those aren't the sort of vintage amps where one year age difference can make a big deal concerning value. Begs a question, how specifically you want to know the amp's age?

What kind of logo does it have? Is it the Marlboro Sound Works logo with sort of "70's -style" font or perhaps the plain Marlboro logo with capital letters and folded from the middle? The latter came in use in circa 1981 so that will narrow the age margin even further.

Schematics? Never seen an online reference for them but they are simple amps so there's not much to troubleshoot and if you truly need a schematic you can always sketch one without too much work involved.

"Crappy sound" isn't much of description of what could be wrong. In an amp old as this I'd start from replacing the biggest electrolytic caps and cleaning up the potentiometers. That alone may do wonders.

Meaux

Quote from: teemuk on March 06, 2010, 10:31:30 AM
They were made from late 1970's to ca. mid 1980's so that doesn't leave a tremebndou age margin. Also, those aren't the sort of vintage amps where one year age difference can make a big deal concerning value. Begs a question, how specifically you want to know the amp's age?

What kind of logo does it have? Is it the Marlboro Sound Works logo with sort of "70's -style" font or perhaps the plain Marlboro logo with capital letters and folded from the middle? The latter came in use in circa 1981 so that will narrow the age margin even further.

Schematics? Never seen an online reference for them but they are simple amps so there's not much to troubleshoot and if you truly need a schematic you can always sketch one without too much work involved.

"Crappy sound" isn't much of description of what could be wrong. In an amp old as this I'd start from replacing the biggest electrolytic caps and cleaning up the potentiometers. That alone may do wonders.

i've sorted out the electronics already so no need for the Schematics anymore.

i wanted to know how old the amp is so i can look for a top that's about the same age.

it looks a lot like this one.

i wil make a picture of mine when i hae a camera at hand.

thnx

Meaux