Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

A great find today

Started by Bajaguy, May 09, 2013, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bajaguy

Ok, got a chance to smoke check it and all is well. I was a little worried, as the amp has a line reversal switch that I wasn't sure about, but everyhing fired up on the limiter and I didn't get any nasty suprises. :tu:

The mod Roly suggested worked great! Nice clean tone till ya hit 6 on  the dial, and then nice fat crunch all the way to the end. I played it for the better part of an hour playing with all of the controls and finding the sweet spots and I'm really pleased with it. It does have a slight 60Hz hum that's there even in standby, so I'm figuring a cap job on the electrolytics is in order. It has three of the multi caps up on the top, but what's a few bucks more to get that nice clean sound.

While I was screwing around with the amp, a customer came by and checked out the amp. It turns out that he's a Harmony guitar collector, and he was blown away by the amp. He's offered up some enticing trades, but I don't know if I'm quite done playing with my new toy yet. We'll see what happend, but right now I don't see this amp getting out of my reach anytime soon.

Roly, you da man :dbtu: Thanks again for finding the killer sound in my garage sale head!

Baja