Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Improved 'Guitar Handbook' TL071 preamp

Started by lefizz, September 12, 2007, 07:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefizz

I change input settign resistor int he second stage (r15) from 1m to 50k. This seems to have clear the sound up a lot, more test to follow tonight.

lefizz

My amp is still pumping at high gain levels. Could this be because i haven't got enough capacitance on the preamp board? i have eliminated the speakers, tried a hifi one and got the same effect, replaced the 25watts class-t with a 100 watt board. And removed the mixer amp temporarily. The only thing the same as the first test is the preamp so i guess this is where the issue originates. At the moment the virtual ground is only decoupled with 1uf and the 25v to gnd with 10uf? I think i might put some decent 100uf in both locactions to see what happens.

lefizz

Thats completly fixed the preamp,to little capacitance between the virtual ground and 0v, sound great and totally stable at any gain setting.
I am so happy!!

The 100 watt class-D really gives this setup a hell of a kick. Utterly deafening in a flat, my neighbours must be getting a little annoyed. Thanks for all the input guys, even though this thread has turned into a bit of a monologue of late.