Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need to know where to find some Rocktron schematics.

Started by lonetech, March 23, 2012, 01:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonetech

My brother just purchased a Rocktron Rampage R50c amp on Craig's list and it promptly went out.  I've worked on a lot of amps, but this one seems to be off of the mainstream for repair info. Would appreciate any input.

J M Fahey

We all know and love the great classic Rocktron products, from the 80's to 90's.
Don't know how closely related to that can this Chinese built , relatively small (by Rocktron standards) amp be.
Start by writing them at jim@rocktron.com , tell them you have a customer's amp at your service shop, include model and serial nº , ask for schematic.
Try to sound Professional, or they'll send you straight to a Service Center ... as a customer.
Post results here.
Also post a couple guts pictures, maybe it's generic enough to use some similat amp as a guide.
Good luck.

lonetech

I sure do appreciate the suggestions, and I will give them a shot. Thanks, pardner.

lonetech

:dbtu:Good news: I recieved an email from Jim at Rocktron, and he included a jpg of the Rampage R50c schematic. I would like to share it with the members. Where and how do I post it? I am new to this forum. :-[

J M Fahey

When you answer here (as I am doing now) you'll see on the second row of icons a yellow smiling square, to post an image.
Click it and it will ask you for the image address.
1) you will first have to upload the image to some site such as Image Shack; after you do it it will provide you with a "direct link" which is the Internet address of said image. copy it
2) click "add image" and paste the address between the img labels.
3) to check, preview the post, you should see your answer including the image.
Example:

J M Fahey

Dear vLonetech.
Almost there.
The preview shown in this page is too small, parts values are unreadable.
I tried to grab it in a larger size from Image Shack and it said "Image unavailable, pulled by the owner" .
You can send me a copy of the Rocktron EMail, or at least the attached file, and I'll upload it again at Imageshack.
My mail is juanmanuelfahey (at) gmail (dot) com
Anyway, what I see confirms my suspicions.
It´s a rebadged Dean Markley amplifier (joecool will be happy with the news).
The schematic is signed Duck Jean Ltd., the Taiwan based original DM maker. (under contract).
Good amp anyway.

joecool85

Quote from: J M Fahey on March 29, 2012, 09:36:01 PM
Dear vLonetech.
Almost there.
The preview shown in this page is too small, parts values are unreadable.
I tried to grab it in a larger size from Image Shack and it said "Image unavailable, pulled by the owner" .
You can send me a copy of the Rocktron EMail, or at least the attached file, and I'll upload it again at Imageshack.
My mail is juanmanuelfahey (at) gmail (dot) com
Anyway, what I see confirms my suspicions.
It´s a rebadged Dean Markley amplifier (joecool will be happy with the news).
The schematic is signed Duck Jean Ltd., the Taiwan based original DM maker. (under contract).
Good amp anyway.

Neat!

Also, you don't have to use imageshack or anything to get the image up here.  When you reply, click "Attachments and other options" (located under the message box).  It will open up a section where you can attach an image.  Simple click "Browse" locate the file and hit "Open".  Then click post like normal.  Works like a charm.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

J M Fahey

OK, it's a good, honest to God Dean Markley, made by the OEM supplier Duck Jean in Korea, and relabelled Rocktron.
Fine.
Turn it on and off, with your ears close to the speakers: *any* sound?
Click, pop, hoss, slight hum, any signs of life.
Does the amp turn on? Leds, etc.
Plug headphones into it, any sound?
Plug an MP3 or something at the input so you are not strumming all day long.
Hear something?