Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:03:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

MOSFET Booster idea

Started by rowdy_riemer, May 06, 2009, 05:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowdy_riemer

Here's an idea for a mosfet booster. According to multisim, this should have a lot of gain with a very flat frequency response. Of course, real builds may differ substantially. I haven't built this yet. When I do, I'll let you know how it turns out.

rowdy_riemer

After building the circuit, I made some modifications. I replaced the current mirror with a j201 wired up as a current limiting diode. This seems to make a decent current source. I've also added a trimmer pot between the gate of the 2n7000 and ground to adjust the bias. When you turn down the gain(which increases negative feedback) the second stage is no longer midpoint biased, but that should be ok because the decrease in gain should prevent any clipping unless you are using something that doesn't really need any boosting to begin with. In simulation, this has a very flat frequency response. I really don't have good equipment to test the real thing, but I'll try to set up a test.

rowdy_riemer

Here's a link about this circuit on my site . http://www.riemer.us/yambo-booster