Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:24:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Schematics for Deanvard Amps (from the 1980s)

Started by SurreyNick, November 09, 2016, 09:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurreyNick

At an auction yesterday, for just a few quid, I picked up an old practice amp (pic attached). It took some time to identify the maker but it turns out it was made in the 1980s by company called Deanvard, based in Peterborough, England.  The company made a small range of SS guitar amps from a 10W practice amp (which is what I bought yesterday) to a 100W Bass amp.  I don't think they had much of a reputation and the company closed in 1991.

What I am wondering is if anyone has any schematics for this company's amps?

If so, perhaps you would be good enough to post them on the site here, or perhaps let me have a copy.

Many thanks

Nick

J M Fahey

Maybe some of our British friends has something available, doubt they were ever seen outside UK (although they hopefully suggest "Worldwide postage available" in the picture); but in any case thereĀ“s not many ways to make a simple 10W practice amp, probably a ingle or dual Op Amp preamp and a chipamp; might be discrete of course but in ny case easy to trace, our friendhas successfully traced very old and obscure Japanese amplifiers, all discrete, some even using obsolete Germanium transistors.

Posta  couple clear readable gut pictures (so preferrably from a camera and not a cellphone) so maybe we can identify the circuit, would not be suprised at all if it strongly resembled some small Peavey/Marshall/Laney/Fender/Squier amp of that era.

SurreyNick

Swell.  I'll pop a few pictures on in a few days time.
Nick.

gbono

Is the enclosure painted MDF? cheap and cheerful

J M Fahey

Besides raw cost, which is not the main point, Tolex is VERY slow and must be done carefully; and it takes practically the same time to  cover this little $49 amplifier as to cover a $1800 mesa Boogie head or a Marshall.

I used to spray thick black polyester resin on my heads and cabinets, of course had to make batches of 6 cabinets or 12 heads but time-per-unit averaged some 10 minutes, whileTolexing would have been between 40 minutes and 1 hour each  :o  xP