Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Who wants a power amp kit for free? **Out of LM3886 kits**

Started by joecool85, May 23, 2006, 10:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

Let me try to answer most of these.

The I used the feedback cap on my LM3886 because if I remember right it is just a good idea and helps keep you away from SPiKe protection kicking in.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.  Regardless I did it.

For the on/off switch you'll want a 110v or higher and 3 amp or higher

I think I used a 3amp 1.25" glass tube fuse but a 2amp would be plenty (2amps x 110v = 220w)

If you have more questions, its not a problem.  I asked the equivelent of a 400 page novel before I built mine lol.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

RDV

Quote from: DreamSeller on June 21, 2006, 11:32:45 PM
Just got my kit, Thanks Joe and Thanks Brian.

Just wondering on these things

-Which do I build, Whats the difference between the standard confiuration and the feedback capacitor

---> I used it. I don't think it makes too much difference.

-What rating and voltage should the on/off switch have and where does it goe i.e. before or after the transformer

---> A standard AC rated(110/220v) on/off switch will do and you put it between the AC line(hot) and the transformer(s).

-What kind of fuse, 2A 3AG or M205 or Ceramic Fuses.

---> Slow-Blo 3A should do the trick.

Thanks

-Dream

One other thing, I want to use the flipster as the preamp and power it from a different transformer, What is the safest way to hook two transformers up to one ac power supply.

---> Parallel. It sounds like you better do some reading before you start.

Also is this power supply regulated?

---> NO.

Please be careful.

RDV

Bob N

Damn! I wish I would have found this board earlier. I'm working on a guitar amp using The ROG Eighteen, Thundercheif, JCM800, and DR Boogey using sequential switching and wanted to mate them to an LM3886 based amplifier in a combo type install. I've already got the DR Boogey and the JCM800 built, tested, and tweaked the best I can and working on the Thunderchief this coming weekend.... oh well.... Everything is designed... Just got to pony up the cash for the parts.....

joecool85

Check out the LM1875 thread, it'll be $14 for a stereo LM1875 setup.  So 2x25w RMS.  You could bridge them or parallel them for 50w.
thatraymond.com

DreamSeller

Quote from: RDV on June 22, 2006, 08:01:33 AM

Please be careful.

RDV

Thanks, Im not intending to hook it up until ive read over some things and triple checked everything.

-Dream
A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day
haggardfx.com - Electronics Resource Library

joecool85

thatraymond.com

joecool85

thatraymond.com

joecool85

Aharon - I recieved your money, the boards will be in the mail monday morning.
thatraymond.com

joecool85

thatraymond.com

Aharon

RDV

One things for sure guys, if you don't like the amp for guitar, it'll make a great all purpose power amp. I'm using them as stereo amps and guitar amps, and I'm working on one that will probably be used as a PA amp for single or duo-style gigs along with my rescued Mackie 1202VLZ.

The church my son plays in the band at gave us a burned out Peavey 2.6C which I'm putting two LM4780 chips(each wired in parallel) for a 100 watt per channel stereo amp. The heatsinks are already there as well as the on/off switches and circuit breaker. It'll be a cakewalk! I thought about fixing the amp already in it, but the circuit board had been on fire in two places! This thing will be sweet!

RDV

Lithium600

Any chance I could get in on one of those free kits if there are any left? It would be an enormous help for me. I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Steven

J M Fahey

Mmmmmmmmhhhh , let's see.
So you become a member *just* to see if you can get a free amplifier kit.
Interesting.
Maybe you didn't notice that the thread is dead cold since June 2006.

bry melvin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320545833659&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320447070251&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

couple of links for boards  cheap

I've only used these with TDA2050 though... and I haven't had time to finish the project  (studio reference powered speakers) so I can't guarantee their quality

joecool85

Quote from: Lithium600 on June 25, 2010, 06:16:39 PM
Any chance I could get in on one of those free kits if there are any left? It would be an enormous help for me. I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Steven

Sorry, these kits are all long gone by now.  If you are interested in a kit, hang around and post often.  They go quickly, but I probably will do another give-away soon.
thatraymond.com