Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Marshall Artist 3203, 4203 & Mosfet 3310, 5213, 5215 Preamp PCB (PCB99)

Started by Tassieviking, November 05, 2021, 12:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tassieviking

G'day
I made this PCB up for myself using KiCad so I can make up some Marshall SS amps, and the Marshall Artist SS pre and valve main amp.
This is not tested and but I have ordered 5 PCB's for myself and they are on the way.( Use at your own risk )
I used the footprints for the Tayda A-5079 PCB mount Jack Sockets and Alpha (Taiwan) pots.
The 2.2uF Electrolytic caps footprint will also fit MKS caps 7.2mm x 7.2mm 5mm Pitch, thats why they look strange on the pics.
IGNORE VALUES IN SCHEMATIC......use the ones in the component list, the schematic is mixed up with values from the various versions.
The 5213 Mosfet also has a clean channel and this is on the PCB as well, only first 3 pots and 2 inputs are on the PCB and the rest of the pots are wired up from plugs on the PCB.
I made up the spacing between pots and sockets etc. myself and it does not correspond to an actual Marshall amp (I think)
I made it to fit into a rack-mount case or whatever I can get cheap.
If I have any problems when I build one I will leave a message, anyone can use the files anyway they want.
I leave the Gerber files I sent to JLCPCB to order my PCB's.
Also the Kicad files if you can open them (might need my modified footprints ? I don't know how to save them yet.)
Cheers.....Mick

There are no stupid questions.
There are only stupid mistakes.