Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Rocktron Pro Gap fault/schematic

Started by cablebling, May 06, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cablebling

Hello from a newbie!

Does anyone have a schematic they can share for a classic Rocktron Pro Gap (v1) rack preamp?

I've emailed Rocktron support and am waiting to see if they will help after all this time, but if there's already one out there that would be great.
I've just acquired this piece of 90's nostalgia, its a lot of fun but mine jumps out of edit mode when adjusting the '2Freq' parameter, doesn't seem to be the rotary encoder (which I've had apart and cleaned) as it only affects this one parameter. May be the digital control for this function or its analog circuitry.... a schematic would make life a lot easier in knowing where to look next!

Enzo

The encoder is just a control, it has one input path to the system.  If the encoder works for other parameters, then it works.  the system has no way to selectively have a problem with the encoder on just one patch.

I hope you get the schematic, And I doubt it will help.  SOunds more like a software issue to me.  I could be wrong.

cablebling

You may well be right re a glitch on the software side of things.
Incidently I received the schematics from Jim at Rocktron - excellant service from them.

cablebling

All working fine now - the problem was the Latch IC, U8   :)

Kaz Kylheku

Quote from: cablebling on May 19, 2013, 12:46:33 PM
All working fine now - the problem was the Latch IC, U8   :)

That will mean something once you post the schems. ;)

ADA MP-1 Mailing ListMusic DIY Mailing List
http://www.kylheku.com/mp1http://www.kylheku.com/diy

freaksarise

I know this is an old topic but the chances of finding a similar topic is unlikely (I've searched for hours). Do you still have this schematic and if so could I please get it from you? Thanks! Rich