Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Dean Markey K-150

Started by Massive Crunch, November 20, 2016, 10:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massive Crunch

I just scored one of these in great condition and all original [foot switch also] and I'm loving it. <3) The clean sounds are fantastic and the drive channel coupled with the reverb is HUGE! :dbtu: I have read up a bit about the early ones with the tan tolex like this one I bought...........that changed in or about 1992 to black when Kamen bought the company. What was the speakers they used in these early DM K-150s?.[I was told it was a Celestion] I looked on the inspection tag which is STILL attached to the power cord but it has no actual build date on it just the initials of those who signed off during the inspection checkoff. Any way to date this one to what year it was made?. I know I have a real gem with this amp as it is so well made and solid [I'll say its almost 50 lbs!] :lmao:.............it was used trouble free by a local musician all these years and he took real good care of it. For $125.00 for a 100 watter with reverb IMHO its a lot of amp for the money! Any other info you can provide about the early Dean Markleys I would much appreciate it.I did a search on here and alot of the discussions were with regards to the the smaller amps This DM K-150 is a keeper for sure! :dbtu:

Enzo

I never care about the age of an amp, just the condition for me.  But when customers just have to know, you can open it up and look at date codes on the controls and larger parts.  the transformers probably have easy to see date codes too.  If the speaker is original, it likely has one as well.